Calder Valley Cohousing
Yorkshire & Humber
We had our first meeting in March 2019 to see what interest there was for cohousing in and around Hebden Bridge. It's still early days for us but there certainly is interest. Come to our May 4th meeting!
HEBDEN BRIDGE COHOUSING INTEREST DAY
We’re holding a one day event on cohousing on Saturday May 4th at the Birchcliffe Centre, Hebden Bridge.
Sign up here: https://bit.ly/2DgWThP
before 27th April to guarantee your place and food!
- provide useful information about cohousing, including financial models and governance.
- tackle some thorny issues – dealing with conflict, leadership, power distribution and financial security.
- get to know each other - talk about our needs and expectations, do a bit of a skills audit, discuss how we’d like to communicate as we go on.
- do some dreaming – look at some local properties and some existing cohousing groups and their models.
- see if we have the beginnings of a cohousing group or groups.
We’ll mix things up, work in small groups, and use different methods - visual, written, spoken and making.
It’ll be facilitated by Jackie Carpenter. Jackie has lived in cohousing in Cornwall for twelve years and has just become a director of the UK Cohousing Network, to offer help and advice to aspiring cohousing groups.
We won’t get too deeply into spreadsheets or legal texts but instead look at the issues through stories of others’ experiences. Jackie is happy to correspond via email afterwards for people seeking more detailed information.
This meeting follows on from a first one we held on 24th March. If you weren’t there and want to see what we discussed, I’ll put the notes on our facebook group, or contact me if you’d like them emailed to you.
What you need to know:
- Saturday May 4th, arrive from 9.30am for tea, coffee, with a start of meeting proper at 10am
- A vegetarian/vegan lunch will be provided.
- There will be plenty of breaks with drinks available.
- We’ll finish the meeting at 5pm but there will be opportunity to go to the pub to continue talking.
- £5 cost per person to help cover venue, lunch and drinks.
- The venue is a 10 minute walk uphill from Hebden town centre. There is a bus that drops off outside the Birchcliffe Centre, or there is plenty of parking.
- The parking and venue have good disabled access.
- The meeting will be in the main hall and the entrance is at the back of the building, off the car park.
Full address: The Birchcliffe Centre, Birchcliffe Road, Hebden Bridge, HX7 8DG
So, what do I need from you at this stage?
Please sign up at the eventbrite page above before April 27th
If you like facebook, please join this facebook group - https://bit.ly/2IoH4tz
Please invite others.