Join the UK Cohousing Network
In order to become a member you must:
- Agree to support the aims of the UK Cohousing Network by advocating Cohousing and to express the views and meet the needs of its members.
- Have a long term interest in living in a Cohousing community.
- Be aged 16 or over.
- Agree to our five primary principles listed below, and explained in detail here.
- Cohousing is co-designed with intentional communities
- Cohousing includes both the provision of private and common facilities providing a balance between privacy and communities
- The size and scale of cohousing is appropriate to support community dynamics for easy informal communal contact; this is usually between 10-40 households
- Cohousing embeds collective resident control and stewardship into its legal form and decision making
- Cohousing communities are inclusive and part of the wider community
To be approved as a member you must:
- Pay your membership subscription.
- Have your membership approved by the UK Cohousing Board Directors (this is done retrospectively at each board meeting).
Ideal for established groups or those in development to become part of a learning community, benefits include: