The UK Cohousing Network is a member-led organisation. One of our primary functions is to provide resources, support and clear information to all interested parties. Likewise we aim to be a place where connections can be made and networks within the network can be created, strengthened and grow.
A recent review of our website suggests that it does not fully meet the expectations we have of a resource that is a critical part of meeting the goals of the network, which are to:
- Be the ‘go to’ resource point for all things about cohousing.
- Seek ways of making cohousing accessible.
- Develop and maintain networking forums, Create accessible learning opportunities to support the development of cohousing and to explore the wider community benefits of adopting cohousing principles.
- Raise awareness of cohousing.
- Undertake to shape the policy and funding environment to support the development of social connected and self managed neighbourhoods.
So we are actively working to refocus features of the website and implement new features to allow our members to connect with each other more easily and with expert resources and information. A new website design maybe required to frame these facilities which would require a funding bid. We will also be making small changes to the existing site where we can alongside this.
Some of this redesign maybe be coordinated with developments with the forming ‘Community Housing Alliance’. We would welcome your feedback on the website, what you use most and what you would like to see the site doing better. Send your ideas to email@example.com