Friday 21st November 2014. Friday Lunchtime Cohousing Webinar
Neil Stephens. Senior Architect at ACD Architects and a Director of UK Cohousing Network presented an overview of cohousing design principles, drawing on experiences from UK projects and also talked through critical issues such as how to be a good client and prioritising features for devising a site criteria. In the discussion that followed the presentation, participants asked Neil for advice on a range of topics:
- When to engage an architect?
- when to start paying an architect?
- What are the challenges and opportunities of building a development with different building designs, materials and so on?
- Is there a cost benefit tool for evaluating different eco bling?
- How much of the design process can a cohousing group do on their own?
Listen to the recording below.
Links to resources mentioned in the webinar session;
So You Want to Build a House see the chapters on construction and costs