Since September 2011 we have been establishing a cohousing group in partnership with Herefordshire Housing. We have a beautiful rural site close to bus services and a local shop, where our cross-generational community will occupy approximately 20 dwellings – some owner-occupied and others rented.
We have submitted plans for Outline planning consent and hope to hear the outcome in September ’13.
Our aims are:
- To establish an intentional community of social and environmental sustainability, one that encourages;
- Conscious participation in community management.
- Respect for our differences, celebration of our diversity and skills.
- Natural materials throughout our buildings.
- Landcare that nurtures diversity.
If you’d like to know more, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
This is the main project planning stage: acquiring the site, gaining planning permission, finding funding and tendering with a contractor. This stage concludes with signing off funding and moving on-site to start the construction works.