The £3 billion Home Building Fund is a flexible source of funding administered by the Homes and Communities Agency (HCA) on behalf of government and is available to community builders.
The Fund provides:
Loan funding to meet the development costs of building homes for sale or rent.
Loan funding for site preparation and the infrastructure needed to enable housing to progress and to prepare land for development.
Loans can be tailored to your individual circumstances.
All lending requires appropriate security and loans are typically secured against property assets.
The key features of the Fund are:
- loans of £250,000 to £250 million are available with smaller loans considered for innovative housing solutions and serviced plots for custom builders.
- typical terms are up to 5 years for development finance, and up to 20 years for infrastructure loans
- interest is payable at transparent, pre-agreed variable rates
- sales income can be recycled to minimise the loan request
- subordinated lending will be considered
- finance is available to draw down up to 31 March 2021
- eligible costs will be discussed with each applicant and depend on the type of funding requested
Click here to find out more.